- Key Skills: Business Systems Analyst
- Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
- Location: Montreal
i80 Group is a specialty finance investment manager, providing capital and support to breakthrough fintech and proptech companies. We provide creative and flexible asset-based facilities used to fund origination of loans and other collateral. We typically work with companies to provide financings starting at $25mm and scaling significantly thereafter.
i80’s capital is a complement to institutional equity (VC/PE). Whereas equity is typically used to finance the underlying operating business, i80’s credit is used to cost-effectively originate collateralizable assets (real estate, equipment, receivables, loan pools, etc.). Rather than offering a one-size-fits-all structure, we design bespoke solutions specific to the unique needs of our partners.
About the Role:
The Business Systems Analyst works with users, cross-functional IT personnel, and vendors to implement and facilitate core system administration and/or technology and software solutions. The role requires the ability to capture business needs and configure system attributes to meet those business needs. The role will assist in planning, managing, designing, documenting, and implementing projects.
- Perform in-depth analysis of systems, related documents, and other sources of information to understand the needs of the business unit
- Analyze current systems and processes, identify trends, and make recommendations for modernization and improvements as it relates to people, process, and technology
- Collect, review, analyze, evaluate and prioritize business requirements
- Gain an understanding of different roles, interactions, and workflow within the organization. May design and edit routine application workflows to enhance business processes.
- Collaborate and administer tasks and responsibilities across multiple 3rd party vendors
- Act as the conduit between the business and IT, or vendor, in the deployment of software
- Optimize SaaS software to automate and streamline workflows within the organization
- Responsible for applications development, conversion, installation, and/or maintenance
- Collaborate as part of a team to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of business systems
- Assist with the modification and configuration of systems to meet business needs and requirements
- Service management of our IT partner and CRMs
- Liaison between technical staff and user groups
- Assist with implementing developed test plans and support testing, i.e., user acceptance, performance, security, and usability
- May develop customized reports to respond to user requirements
- Web design and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related degree and field
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of Asana, Alteryx, Salesforce, and/or Affinity is an asset
Other desired skills:
- Developed analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Developed interpersonal, written, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Familiarity with implementation, quality assurance, quality control, standardization, and change management
- Passionate about technology