- Required Experience: 5-7 years
- Key Skills: Director, HR
- Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
- Location: New York
i80 Group is a specialty finance investment manager, providing capital and support to breakthrough fintech and proptech companies. We provide creative and flexible asset-based facilities used to fund origination of loans and other collateral. We typically work with companies to provide financings starting at $25mm and scaling significantly thereafter.
i80’s capital is a complement to institutional equity (VC/PE). Whereas equity is typically used to finance the underlying operating business, i80’s credit is used to cost-effectively originate collateralizable assets (real estate, equipment, receivables, loan pools, etc.). Rather than offering a one-size-fits-all structure, we design bespoke solutions specific to the unique needs of our partners.
About the Role:
As part of our team, you will have the chance to make a direct impact on our firm’s culture and bring in your own experience to help shape our growth.
- Involvement in all aspects of people management, including Performance Management, Learning and Development, Talent Review / Development, Recruitment, and Benefits.
- Maintain a cohesive and appealing culture in a fast-growing company
- Develop, update, and maintain HR policies and procedures as necessary, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and best practice.
- Create expectations for long-term growth within Recruitment and HR
- Support Talent Acquisition by reviewing job descriptions, identifying search criteria, and supporting the selection process
- Ensuring a cohesive process and stellar candidate experience
- Work on fine-tuning our Performance Management processes
- Working with Finance to better establish payroll and budgeting
- Ensuring proper company compliance with US State and Federal entities as well as CNESST and other Canadian/Quebec government entities
- 5-7 years of experience working in Recruitment AND People Ops/HR
- SHRM certification
- Strong knowledge of various HRIS and ATS platforms (we don’t currently use one)
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand business issues and implications are a must
Other desired skills:
- Experience scaling fast-growing teams
- Experience working with international hiring (we are a US-based company)
- Strong personal Network
- Out-of-the-box thinking to help attract top-tier candidates
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally.