- Location: London
i80 Group is a multi-billion-dollar alternative credit firm founded in 2016 and headquartered in New York City. i80 is a leading provider of asset-based and structured debt solutions (non-dilutive growth capital) to breakthrough financial technology and property technology businesses. The Firm invests broadly across traditional and esoteric asset classes, including consumer, small business, real estate, insurtech, ecommerce, data, digital infrastructure, and throughout the capital stack (senior secured, second lien, mezzanine). i80 manages private capital on behalf of institutional investors, including global asset managers, pensions & endowments, multi-family offices, insurance companies, and high net-worth investors.
i80 is expanding to Europe and the UK and is seeking an Investment Professional to help build its London office. This individual will serve as an ambassador of the i80 brand as it grows its reach globally. It is anticipated that the Investment Professional will contribute to a broad range of functions, including (to varying degrees based on the level of experience): business and pipeline development, underwriting, deal structuring and execution, and investment monitoring. The individual will work collaboratively with the existing i80 team and infrastructure to expand its presence outside the US.
i80 is a dynamic firm that operates in a fast-paced environment. The role requires an organized and critical thinker with high emotional intelligence and demands the candidate be naturally collaborative and, at the same time, a self-starter. We look for team players who are not afraid to express a point of view and challenge others. Culturally, we are equally excited by seeing the success of an investment as we are by supporting our colleagues’ personal and professional growth.
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
- Business development; developing relationships with VCs, founders, and other industry players
- Staying current on European market developments and trends
- Various brand-building and marketing initiatives
- Act as the initial point of contact for new investment business in Europe
- Source investment opportunities
- Develop and enhance i80s network of industry constituents
- Participate in deal due diligence and support the end-to-end transaction process, including due diligence, preparation of investment recommendations, transaction structuring, and negotiation
- Support ongoing monitoring of existing investments
- Opportunity to partner directly with talented and experienced entrepreneurs backed by top VCs
- Experience with asset-based finance that can include, but is not limited to: sell-side roles in investment banking, debt capital markets, or securitized products; buy-side structured credit, private credit roles (e.g., specialty finance, venture debt, asset-based lending, opportunistic credit), or early-stage/ opportunistic equity, operating and capital market roles
- An existing network related to early-stage finance, VC, and startup technology companies
- Transaction experience either on the buy or sell-side
- Knowledge of and a relevant network in Europe within fintech
- Ability to operate independently and with limited direction while maintaining deep connectivity with remote colleagues
- No ego and a team player