Job Description — Vice President
Location: San Francisco
i80 Group is a specialty finance investment manager, providing capital and support to breakthrough fintech and proptech companies. We provide creative and flexible asset-based facilities used to fund origination of loans and other collateral. We typically work with companies to provide financings starting at $25mm and scaling significantly thereafter.
i80’s capital is a complement to institutional equity (VC/PE). Whereas equity is typically used to finance the underlying operating business, i80’s credit is used to cost-effectively originate collateralizable assets (real estate, equipment, receivables, loan pools, etc). Rather than offering a one-size-fits-all structure, we design bespoke solutions specific to the unique needs of our partners.
About the Principal Role:
i80’s Principal will work as a core member of the Investment Team and contribute to a broad range of functions including: managing deal execution, sourcing, credit analysis, financial statement / model review, scenario modeling, and portfolio monitoring. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about fintech with an excellent understanding of specialty finance / asset-backed corporate finance.
- Be a meaningful contributor to deal sourcing by identifying and connecting with emerging companies
- Draft comprehensive investment memos with solid intuition around the relevant topics/risks to address
- Lead commercial due diligence and manage the legal due diligence and documentation process
- Underwrite investment opportunities utilizing collateral-specific credit analyses (e.g. building collections/charge-off curves, measuring loss coverages, calculating investment returns)
- Review diligence materials with a focus on evaluating and manipulating loan tapes to perform credit analysis
- Exhibit subject matter expertise across financial statement analysis and fixed-income transaction mechanics
- Work fluently with large and diverse datasets
- Monitor portfolio companies to ensure accurate reporting and generate performance reviews
- Develop various pieces of marketing content to build i80’s brand
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5–7 years of experience across structured / asset-based finance, private credit investing, or debt capital markets / leveraged finance.
- Strong knowledge of credit underwriting and accounting principles
- A professional network in the fintech and specialty finance ecosystems
- Advanced Excel skills (Alteryx a plus)
Other desired skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and manage priorities against key deadlines
- Must be able to work independently, but contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail
- Creativity and a solution-oriented mindset
- No ego
If you believe you are a fit please send your resume and a few sentences about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org